Sprint Canoe and Kayak
- Elementary Paddling (U13) (ages 6-12)
- This program is an introduction to the sport of sprint canoe and kayak, and is designed for participants of all skill levels. Athletes will receive on-water coaching and will learn to paddle all sprint boats. No prior paddling experience is necessary. Over the course of the season athletes are encouraged to enter age class races. Paddlers are required to wear a certified PFD. Please note that there will be no programming the week of the World Junior Championships (week of Aug. 1).
Spring (May-Jun): Tuesday and Thursday 5:00-6:00pm Fee: $115.00
Summer (Jul-Aug): Tuesday and Thursday 5:00-6:00pm Fee: $130.00
- Developmental Paddling (U25) (ages 13-24)
- This program is designed for athletes of all abilities. The focus is on learning to paddle and compete in sprint canoes and kayaks. Beginners and experienced paddlers are welcome to participate. Please note that there will be no programming the week of the World Junior Championships (week of Aug. 1).
Spring (May-Jun): Mon, Wed and Fri 5:00-6:00pm Fee: $170.00
Summer (Jul-Aug): Mon, Wed and Fri 5:00-6:00pm Fee: $200.00
- Hope Floats - Women's Crew
- This program focuses on camaraderie and fun. Some of the paddlers in this crew are survivors of cancer. Please email for specifics related to when you can safely join post-treatment.
Spring (May-Jun): Monday and Wednesdays 6:30pm-7:30pm Fee: $75.00
Summer (Jul-Aug): Monday and Wednesdays 6:30pm-7:30pm Fee: $75.00
- Canal Dragons - Mixed Crew - Formerly known as "The Reckies"
- This program is designed for adults of all ages and abilities. We will work on stroke technique and some fundamentals of paddling. We focus on fun and fitness in the boat.
Spring (May-Jun): Monday and Wednesdays 6:45pm-7:45pm Fee: $75.00
Summer (Jul-Aug): Monday and Wednesdays 6:45pm-7:45pm Fee: $75.00
- This program runs 3 times a week on the water with an expectation of off water training as well. This is a program for people who really want to race in dragon boating.
Spring/Summer (May-mid Sept): Tuesday and Thursday 6:30-8:00pm, and
Sundays 5:30-7:00pm Fee: $350.00
- Brock Dragons-Competitive Dragon Boating
- This competitive program is designed for university students interested in training and racing in the sport of Dragon Boat. This program will allow you to develop your paddling skills and fitness alongside other athletes. No paddling experience is necessary, but a good level of starting fitness is recommended. Dragon Boat Canada is supporting this program in order to further develop the Canadian University Racing League.
Canoe Kids Camp (Ages 6-13)
- Is a week long program designed to introduce the sport of sprint canoe and kayak to young boys and girls. Through a fun filled environment and a variety of both on-land and on-water activities, kids will learn boat safety, paddling fundamentals and skills. This program is intended for beginner paddlers, however participants must be confident in the water. A PFD must be worn at all times. Participants are encouraged to bring thier own PFD. Each week is limited to 10 paddlers only, so register early so your child doesn't miss out!!! Please register through our online registration partner - LeagueToolbox or in person on May 11, 2013 (11:00am - 2:00pm at the North Welland Flatwater Community Centre).
- July 2-5, 2013 - 4 day week - $70.00
- July 8-12, 2013 - $85.00
- July 15-19, 2013 - $85.00
- July 22-26, 2013 - $85.00
- July 29-Aug. 2, 2013 - $85.00
- Aug. 6-9, 2013 - 4 day week - $70.00
- Aug. 12-16, 2013 - $85.00
- Aug. 19-23, 2013 - $85.00
- Racing fees are additional in all instances.
- Every attempt is made to accommodate members, however some programs can only accommodate a limited number of paddlers and can fill up. Members will be accomodated in order of registration through League Toolbox or submission of a completed membership application and payment in full. SNCC reserves the right to cancel any program.